- “Arrival” – means the date on which the Facilities are to be provided or shall start to be provided by the Hotel;
- “Client” – means the person for whom the Hotel has agreed to provide the services in accordance with these Terms;
- “The Hotel” – Mellington Hall Hotel;
- “Contract” – means the contract for which the provision of the Services including these Terms as appropriate;
- “Services” – means the provision of accommodation, function room hire and/or supply of food and beverages and other Services by the Hotel for the Client described in writing by the Hotel and on its website or in its brochure;
- “Term” – means these terms and conditions.
2. PROVISIONAL RESERVATION
- It is necessary for all our reservations to be guaranteed with a valid credit/debit card number, expiry date and last 3 digit code from the back of the card;
- The Hotel reserve the right to release or cancel reservations without further notice if either this information is not provided in a timely manner or if a pre-check in authorisation is not obtained when the hotel seeks the same from the relevant credit card authorities;
- Where Account/Credit Facilities have been confirmed no Deposit is required but the Account is payable in full on receipt of invoice.
3. SUPPLY OF THE SERVICES
- The Hotel shall provide the Services to the Client subject to the Contract;
- The Client shall, at its own expense, supply the Hotel with all necessary data or other information relating to the Services within sufficient time to enable the Hotel to provide the Services in accordance with the Contract. The Client shall ensure the accuracy of all such information. Specific information requirements are contained in the Schedule. The Hotel may at any time without notifying the Client make any changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements, or which do not materially affect the nature or quality of the Services.
- The charges payable by the Client shall be detailed in writing by the Hotel. If no charges are specified or additional and varied Services are provided to the Client, the Client shall pay the Standard Charges at the prevailing rate on the day the Services are provided and any additional sums which are agreed between the Hotel and the Client for the provision of the Services;
- The Hotel may vary the Standard Charges from time to time.
5. DEPOSIT PAYMENTS
- Deposits are non refundable.
- The payments to the Hotel to be made by the Client (including Deposits) are to be made on the date(s);
- If any services under the contract are varied prior to arrival then the payment made will reflect the latest details contained in the written details of the Hotel;
- Any additional charges due to the Hotel from the Client for the Services shall be paid by the Client on presentation of an invoice;
- We accept all major and recognised Debit/Credit cards. except Amex;
7. BOOKING AMENDMENT/MODIFICATIONS
- Reservations may be amended in line with the reservation conditions accepted at the time of original reservation/s;
- Changes may be made subject to those conditions and any deposit/prepayment held is subject to the cancellation/amendment terms applicable at the time of the original reservation;
- Where the reservation permits, any change to the arrival date, departure date or room type is subject to availability and any specific terms that may relate to the amended details at the time the change is requested. Such amendment may result in a rate change.
- The cancellation notice is 48 hours before arrival i.e. You have to inform us of any cancellation 48 hours before the arrival date. If the cancellation is made after this time, the hotel will charge your credit card for your stay.
9. NO SHOWS
- The Client agrees to pay charges to the Hotel in the event of cancellation of the Services or if the Client and/or their guests fail to take up the Services at the time and on the day specified in the Contract.
- In this case a non-arrival fee will be charged against your credit card, normally equal to the cost of the stay.
10. GROUP BOOKING (5 ROOMS OR OVER)
- Provisional bookings will be held for a period of 7 days after which time that space will be automatically released unless an extension has been formally agreed;
- We reserve the right to request a deposit upon confirmation. Full payment is requested prior to arrival, unless otherwise agreed;
- The client agrees to advise the hotel in writing at least 14 days prior to the arrival date of the final numbers and provide a full rooming list. This represents the final number chargeable;
- Cancellation by the client/reduction in numbers; the hotel reserves the right to raise the following charges:
- Up to 28 days prior No Charge;
- 28 Days to 14 days prior 50 % of quoted rate;
- 14 days to 7 days prior 75 % of quoted rate;
- 7 days prior or less 100 % of quoted rate.
11. LIABILITY OF THE HOTEL
- When the Hotel supplies the Services which include any services supplied by a third party, the Hotel does not give any warranty, guarantee or other term as to their quality, fitness for purpose or otherwise, but shall, where possible, assign to the Client the benefit of any warranty, guarantee or indemnity given by the person supplying the services to the Hotel;
- The Hotel shall have no liability to the Client for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation arising from any instructions supplied by the Client which are incomplete, incorrect, inaccurate, illegible, out of sequence or in the wrong form, or arising from their late arrival or non-arrival, or any other fault of the Client;
- Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by the Hotel’s negligence, or as expressly provided in these Terms, the Hotel shall not be liable to the Client by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of the Contract, for any loss of profit or any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims (whether caused by the negligence of the Hotel, its servants or agents or otherwise) which arise out of or in connection with the provision of the Services (including any delay in providing or failure to provide the Services) or their use by the Client, and the entire liability of the Hotel under on in connection with the Contract shall not exceed the amount of the Hotel’s charges for the provision of the Services, except as expressly provided in these Terms.
12. CLIENT RESPONSIBILITY
- The Client is responsible for the behaviour of his, her or its guests at the Hotel and in particular for the orderly conduct of guests attending any function or staying in the Hotel or otherwise making use of the Services. The Client must ensure that no noise or nuisance is caused either for the Hotel or its other guests and Clients. The Client must comply with any reasonable request of the Hotel and with any policies of the Hotel as may apply to the Services from time to time;
- Should a resident of the hotel wish for any item to be received or held by the Hotel prior to arrival or following departure, advance notice will be required. The Hotel retains the right to deny receipt of such items. Any costs incurred for return will be borne by the sender. All items are left at the owners risk and may be subject to search. Please note that should an item be locked or sealed, it is the responsibility of the owner of the item to facilitate access. The Hotel is not liable for any flood, fire or damage to the items.
13. SMOKING POLICY
- No smoking is permitted in any of the Hotel’s facilities. There will be a £150.00 penalty for non-compliance.
- Pets are allowed in certain rooms of the hotel at a cost of £20.00 per night. Please enquire for further information
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, book a room or subscribe to our newsletter.
When booking a room or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- To process transactions;
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested;
- To send periodic emails, the email address you provide for processing your room booking, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your room booking.
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that ay include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you book a room or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 60 days.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information).
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.